Monday, July 18, 2011

Preparing For A Science Fair

As I sit down with my two angels, I ask them what the difference is between organic and non-organic soil and seeds, I realize the enormous impact homeschooling will have on their future. They are working on a plant project for the 4-H Science Fair. I listen to their answers of how they explain the difference between soils and I am amazed! My efforts and internal goals of teaching my children shine through. 

Little details like how well the plant will grow in organic soil because the plant is healthy, free of pesticides, and can "fight off" bugs resulting in a better produce. Wow, they used the word produce at such an early age, 7 in fact. 

It is so enriching to see children excited to learn and tell you about specifics. You think the information you have taught them may have went in one ear and out the other, but I am reminded today that it sticks with good teaching, free of distractions and pressures.

Having a fun and safe environment full of family, siblings, and a small circle of friendships they can build upon will give a child the "organic plant food" they need to learn at home and have a future far deeper than expected.  

As we prepare for our first science fair project, full of experiments, observations, drawings, and creating graphs, I give God thanks for allowing me to think outside the box with my eyes wide open and my heart ready to teach!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog